Monday, August 30, 2010

terrible 2's.

I'm about to burst.

Can I tell you about the kind of day I'm having? Actually, the week I'm having? And in all honesty, it's not even a week... it's 3 days. 3 days of toddlerhood rearing its ugly head.

I waited four and a half years for my last little baby. Four and a half years of desiring a new little person to love and cherish and being heart broken when it doesn't happen. Well, I think God knew better not to give me my baby when I wanted him. I think he wanted to make sure I was really really ready to receive my little boy... my monster.

This little boy has me in a tizzy. Truly. In a three day span, he has completed the following list: Colored in acrylic paint pen on my kitchen walls, used a highlighter to draw on the same walls, brought out a pencil to complete his masterpiece, unraveled a roll of paper towels, shredded a roll of toilet paper, took out most of the kitchen utensils from the drawer, got into Maya's viola and gave an impromptu concert, found a black sharpie and colored on my sofa, the end table, the rocking chair, the TV screen, the ottoman, the new cabinet AND himself. At least he's thorough...

I've never wanted to cry so much as I have today.

He exhausts me. Completely and utterly exhausts me.

But that little face and those blue eyes get me every time. It never fails. I was trying so hard to be mad at him, but he would come up in front of me and hide behind my laptop {it was sitting on my lap} and play peek-a-boo. How on earth do you stay mad at that? It's impossible.

I'm hoping {praying} for a better few days. I'm hoping that this isn't a preview of what is to come as he turns 2 {which is in 45 days}.

It can't get worse, can it?

1 comment:

  1. You know where I live & I'm home every day. There are two playgrounds nearby, if you ever need to get out and vent or whatever.

    ReplyDelete