Tuesday, August 3, 2010

stinky feet.

Regret can eat you alive.

Regret is not something I'm familiar with. In my life, I've done some really stupid things. Really stupid. Some of those things have changed the course of my life, but I'm not going to say that they were bad decisions. I'm not necessarily unhappy with my life, although I do wish some things were different.

So, I had this pain in my foot, so like a good little wife, I listened to my husband and went to see the doctor. Like I've said before in past posts, this office visit ended up with my signing papers for surgery.

I'm deeply regretting that decision.

I'm trying very hard not to be a Donna Downer, but I'm having a really hard time with this foot thing. I think the most frustrating aspect of the whole situation is that when we spoke to the doctor prior to his cutting my foot, he made it sound very easy. I'd be off my foot for a few days, but then I'd be back to normal. HA. I wouldn't have much pain. HA. HA. I would be able to walk on it a day after the surgery. HA HA HA! That's so not the case.

I'm frustrated I guess. I'm frustrated that I didn't listen to my gut instinct and not go through with it. I'm frustrated that I can't walk normally. I'm frustrated that I'm impatient and I'm frustrated that I can't take back this decision.

It stinks.

So... where does that leave me? My husband told me {as I sat sobbing} that I can't change anything {honestly trying to make me feel better}. What's done is done, I suppose. All I can do is move forward, taking care of my foot, rehabbing it back to health. It seems so tedious. It seems so long.

{sigh}



No comments:

Post a Comment