Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Take that, Murphy.

Nursing my foot back to health while having a healthy view about it has been going better than I originally anticipated. I changed my attitude and took control of the situation choosing not to be the victim. I'm proud. And of course, since I have changed my outlook and have chosen the positive route, Murphy's Law has shown up and is challenging my positive view and is raining on my parade.

My incision is opening up.

Yeah. You said it. Yuck.

I called the doctor roughly 10 minutes ago inquiring if it is normal for a little bit of oozy yuck to come from the incision; I'm fairly certain it's not an infection ooze, but it's an ooze nonetheless. I was expecting to hear, "yes, it's fairly common to have a little bit of blood on your bandage, it's really nothing to be concerned over." But instead, I heard, "No, it really shouldn't be bleeding and you shouldn't have any oozing. Come in so one of the girls can look at it."

Really? Fantastic.

So, not only am I regretting the decision, but now I'm worried because the side of my foot is opening up and it's not supposed to be.

Splendid.

I'm choosing to stay positive though. I'm looking Murphy in the eye, and laughing. Why? Because I won't heal as quickly if I'm mopey, right? So the bright side? The pain in my foot is subsiding and I'm able to wear a flip flop. No more ugly, bulky surgical shoe. Plus, I can walk a little more normally now. Yay!

3 comments:

  1. I'm happy you're able to wear a flip-flop. You look so cute in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I make it sound like I don't care about your incision? I do. I just don't know what to do about it:(.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Sarah, you always make me smile.
    My incision is looking much better today... at least it's together=)

    ReplyDelete