Monday, August 2, 2010

Big Girl Panties

Today is just about 2 weeks after my foot surgery. I'm actually surprised how well my foot feels and how fast my pain had subsided. It took almost 5 days until I could put weight on it, but once that happened, it was super speedy. And of course, I took advantage of feeling good and my foot swelled up like a water balloon. A little elevation, some Aleve and rest fixed that.

But today, is also another milestone in my healing process. Today I get my 2 inches of stitches out.

YIKES!

I'd love to say that this isn't a big deal and I'm totally cool about it. If I did, I'd be totally lying and you better move out of the way or you might get caught in the bolt of lightning aiming right for me. I'm not ok with this. Not at all. And to make matters worse? My husband isn't going with me.

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

I'm really not a wuss. At least I wouldn't consider myself one. I'm usually tough. I can handle myself. I've gotten stitches out before. I go and get blood drawn by myself. I go to Target on the weekends. I pump my own gas. But having these stitches removed? Um, I'd like some reinforcements, please.

I guess I just have to stop whining and put my big girl panties on. It'll be ok, right? I've had stitches removed before. I survived. It'll be ok.

{gulp}





1 comment:

  1. I know you can do it. Courage is doing in the presence of fear. And you're doing it! You go, Jaimie!

    ReplyDelete