Sunday, September 5, 2010

not enough time.

Here's a math equation...
There are 24 hours in a day and 168 in a week. My husband worked 81 hours this week. If you add on the 1.25 hours each way to drive there, he was away from us for approximately 98.5 hours this week. Then, if you figure in 7 hours of sleeping a night, we get a whopping 20.5 hours with him a week. Break it down by day? 2.86 hours a day is spent at home and awake. It sucks.

I miss my husband very much. Very much. And honestly, I would give up every earthly possession if it meant I would have more time with him. Seriously. Don't get me wrong, I am so very thankful for all of the wonderful things that I have... my beautiful house, my car, ect. But really? It means nothing in comparison to having time with my husband.

I get frustrated when women complain about their husbands having to work late one night. They really don't understand, nor do they realize how incredibly lucky they are to have someone home with them.

I'm trying not to complain. God has taken care of us and continues to remain faithful. It is just really hard. And lonely.

I miss my husband.
I miss my partner in life.
I miss my partner in caring for our children.
I miss the man I laugh with...
...The man I dream with...
...The man I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment