Friday, May 28, 2010

To love, honor and listen

I have a guilty pleasure of watching Say Yes To The Dress on TLC. It's a show about a bridal salon in New York City and it follows the consultants while meeting with engaged woman searching for the perfect dress. I love watching it. I love watching the emotion of finding that perfect dress. I love how each woman finds one dress that is gorgeous and accentuates their beauty. I love the styles... and I secretly think about what I would wear now if I were in their shoes (or dress).

When Mike and I got married, we said that we wanted to renew our vows when we reached 10 years of marriage. We've been married for 11 years and 363 days. There was no renewal ceremony. But, I plan on one eventually. Perhaps in 3 years when we hit 15 years...

Anyway, as I was sitting beside my beloved watching this show and dreaming of a new dress, I began to tell him my dreams. I told him that I wanted to find a beautiful dress that fits my personality and makes me feel beautiful. I want to walk down the aisle to him, again. I want to declare my love to him and to renew my promise to love, honor and cherish him until the day I die. I want our children to be apart of our ceremony and have my daughter be my maid of honor. This is my dream.

My husband looked up at me and spoke.

He said "Huh, what? I wasn't listening."

...grr.




1 comment:

  1. See, your husband and mine have the same thoughts. It is frustrating. I have a file on my computer with a photo of the dress I want.

    ReplyDelete