Wednesday, June 2, 2010

New Journey... update one.

Embarking on this new journey is tiring... but exhilarating. Day one, Mike and I went for a walk along our road. We started out our driveway, turned right and headed to the stop sign. We clocked the distance and found that we walked 2.3 miles round trip. Not too shabby for the first day. Later in the evening, after dinner was made and enjoyed, we loaded the kids on the bikes and we went for a ride. I'm pretty sure my heart was yelling at me and trying to explode. It's not easy to bike up hill dragging a bike trailer with a 28 pound toddler. I have to say that after we were back and the kids were in bed, I was feeling pretty good.

Today Mike and I went for our walk again. I don't think it felt as long and I enjoyed it a little but more. I'm hoping that this is the beginning of a habit that I'll keep up. I tend to start things and then let it fall by the wayside. I'm determined that this time will be different. This time I will win the fight.

1 comment:

  1. Bill and I try to walk. We walk through town or on the walking trail in the park. We haven't done it for awhile, too many things going on. You would think it would be easier with him not working, but it's not. We get a lot of talking done usually.

    ReplyDelete