Thursday, April 22, 2010

Loving You.


Disappointment has been a visitor in my life recently, and although I hate to succumb to disappointment, I did. While I was being angry and hurt at the people who let me down, I started to think about my life and how I impact others. I wondered why was I so disappointed? Why was I hurt that these people didn't live up to my expectations? Did they know what standard they were being held to? Am I any better than them?

I began to wonder how many times I was the one who disappointed. How many people have I hurt because I failed them?

I'm not sure I want to know the answer.

As I pondered what kind of impact I have in other lives, I began to think about what impact I want to have. I want everyone who I come in contact with to know love. I want them to know what it feels to be loved and to know that it is an honest love. I want to love like Jesus loves... uninhibited, unfailing, unabashed love.

If I tell you that I love you, I mean it. I mean it with all of my heart. I may make mistakes and I will let you down. I don't do this on purpose, but I will do it because I am imperfect... and human. But know that I truly love you.

I don't know if this is a cohesive thought. Probably not. I'm good at thinking things through and being completely unable to put it into words. I'm not eloquent. I can't write.

But I can love you.





2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.M.G....let's try this again!

    I LOVE YOU JAIMIE!!!

    ReplyDelete