Friday, July 24, 2009

i hate money

If the saying "money makes the world go round" is true, then the world needs to stop and I want to get off.  Now.

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place right now.  I'm sure after my little vent, I'll have someone misunderstand what I am trying to say and tell me how stupid I am to not realize what a blessing my life is.  So, I'm gonna be one step ahead of them and say I already know.  I know how stinkin' blessed I am with my life.  I know how blessed I am to have a husband who works his butt off so I can stay home and raise the kids.  I know this.  However, being as blessed as I am, I am equally as insane.  Or I'm on the short path to the insane asylum.  Pretty sure they have a room just for me.  It's probably round and I'd try to sit in the corner.

Anyway, no, I wouldn't change my life for anything.  And, yes, I am incredibly thankful for the chance to stay home and mold my children's minds, however, molding minds can take money and we don't have any.  I'm sure it comes as a huge surprise to anyone who knows us... we have no money.  Shocker.  Mike and I are THE WORST savers ever to walk this planet.  We have tried over and over again in the 11 years of marriage to get a hold of this money situation... but it never works.  So, here I sit, wanting to actually get out of the house and not have to plan my grocery trips around payday and have to write a check because payday isn't until Tuesday and Giant takes forever to cash checks (which gives us some wiggle room... and the opportunity to eat).  So here's the crazy part.  I want to go get a job.  **GASP**  I need one.  Well, I guess technically I dont' NEED one... we can pay our bills and eat most of the time... but life would be a lot more fun if I did.  

I hate not being able to go out of the house and do something with the kids.  Vacation was cancelled this year because our checking account wasn't tended to like it was supposed to be and a check that was written 2 months prior cleared... and it was a biggin'.  So, we had to drain our measly savings account to make up for the lack in funds in the checking account (we don't keep a check register or reconcile our account.  We just watch it on the computer screen from the bank website).  Keep your opinions to yourself... we already know.  We've said it all to ourselves.  Anyway, since the savings was drained, there is no money to pay for our house that we rented (and lost the security deposit from :(  ).  *sigh*  Not only is vacation cancelled, but we can't go to Knoebels or Philadelphia or a museum or the movies or even miniature golf because we have no money.  The whole thing makes me mad and absolutely INSANE!  Please be advised, I have now taken over the checking account and will be keeping track of all spending and reconciling as not to help the crazytrain along.

I'm tired of having money issues.  So, I am going to apply for a job.  I hate the fact that a million people would love to be able to stay at home and not have to work, but I have to do something to help this situation along.  Sadly, I am not really skilled for anything... I have a manicuring license, but no one is hiring just a nail tech... they're being selfish and want a hair stylist too.  I guess retail always works... hopefully I'll seem fun, responsible and quirky enough to sell their wares.  My husband does not want me to work.  He wants me to stay at home.  But the moment I withdrawal money from the account, I get the third degree about why I took it, what I did with it, where did it go, ect.  I don't question him.  And I don't want to be questioned anymore.  I'm 32.  If I want to take $60 out of the ATM... I want to be able to do it and not have to answer to someone about it.  I usually have no problem answering to him and I do it willingly.  But I'm getting a little tired of the money thing.


4 comments:

  1. I am gonna attepmt to comment, I used to do the same thing with Giant! Because they do take longer, and ON TOP OF THAT I used to write the check over and get cash back. I totally understand where you are coming from. Unfortunately I had checks bounce and now am paying fines on them (that was my status the other day) so I suggest keeping the ledger or you will owe more than you can imagine. I wish I could get a better paying job, but just can't find one. I love you and you will do what's right whether it's getting a job or staying at home, no one can tell you how to run your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok Mie that comment was by me, Amy (Schaeffer) having trouble getting a name correct :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i didn't know you could write a check above the amount and get cash back!! We don't usually bounce checks. This was the first one in a LONG time. But, it was a check to pay our local taxes... so it was quite large...and we didn't realize that it hadn't cleared. Get this... it was made out and sent on the 15th of April... it wasn't cashed until june 26. How retarded is that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is retarded. Yeah I think Giant lets you write it for $25 over and Weis for $50 over. I shouldn't be telling you this! I see you play the check game as I did. Write it before b/c you know its not gonna cash before payday. Ahh we are so alike. I would love to go away with you somewhere and relax. It's a shame we are both broke :)

    ReplyDelete