Saturday, July 10, 2010

some clarity

This past week, I spent my days at one of my favorite places on Earth... Harvey Cedars Bible Conference in Harvey Cedars, NJ. I went with the intention of loving on my girls, spending time with them and getting to know the rest of our group a little bit better. I did all of those things... plus a little more.

I went into this week knowing that God was about to do some amazing stuff in the lives of these teenagers. I knew that He would touch their hearts and speak to them in a real way. I wasn't wrong. But what I didn't realize was that he was going to do the same thing for me. I didn't realize that I would leave HCBC changed. I didn't realize the extent in which I devalued myself.

But you know what? He changed my heart. He changed my thinking. He rocked my world so that it was inline with HIS world.

Last night our group went to a secluded part of Long Beach Island. To say that it was beautiful would be a complete understatement. This place that we visited was a completely different world. It was a place for clarity of thought. It was magical.

It was at this section of beach where I realized that the beauty that God created trickled down from the heavens and stars, to the ocean and waves, to the marine life and sandy beaches, to the people who walked the shores. He created all these things beautifully. I'm included in that!

I didn't think much of myself. I'm not the brightest. I'm not tall and thin. I'm not beautiful. I don't have a lot to offer. But God created me in HIS image. In scripture, it says that Jesus was not anything great to look at {paraphrased of course}. He wasn't a handsome man. But really? My Jesus is the most beautiful person that I know. And I'm created to be just like him! How can I not think more of myself when I'm created to be just like the most beautiful person who has ever walked this earth?

I have people in my life who insist on tearing me down. There are people who think they know me and who think that I'm not good enough for whatever it is. But the truth? I am good
enough.

And I'm not what they think I am. But instead, I'm what God says I am.


1 comment:

  1. Jaimie, thank you for sharing this. Love it. Every single word.
    But even more, I really adore you.
    And? I need more of you in my life. (Also, I think Tim is going to go through withdrawal when he doesn't get to hang out with you and your family as much as he has in the past week:-).)

    ReplyDelete