Monday, July 12, 2010

my happiness

i'm tying to get happy right now. so, i thought i'd bring you my list of ''happiness".

{1} a good night's sleep.
this certainly does not happen a lot around this house {at least not since the birth of baby #1 ten years ago}. but when it does? it's so sweet. and waking up with my husband is an added bonus. that happens even less than the good night's sleep.

{2} making someone smile
... do i have to elaborate?

{3} a clean house.
having a clean house has a therapeutic effect on my brain. my mental health is sometimes determined by the amount of junk left all over my house, the number of dust bunnies running amuck and the depth of the laundry piled in baskets.

{4} hearing my kids laugh.
have you met my kids? if you have, you understand. if you haven't, you are truly missing out!

{5} my husband telling me i'm beautiful and kissing me.
he still gives me butterflies.

{6} spending time talking with good friends.
my favorite times are being one on one with a friend talking about life, love and sharing stories, thoughts, and convictions. i've never been one for large groups of people, but if you get me with a great friend (male or female), i could sit there for hours.

{7} a really super duper thick chocolate shake.
it's pure happiness you can {barely} suck through a straw. yum.

{8} spring breezes.
i love the smell of spring. i really don't think there is anything more energizing to me then the smell of a beautiful spring morning.

{9} a cardigan and a pair of ballet flats.
i adore cardigans... a little too much, sometimes. and i really adore a cute pair of ballet flats. they are classic, pretty and very girlie.

{10} driving a jeep.
recently, i was able to drive a jeep around the block. it was so quick, but in that time, my head was able to be cleared and i just was able to relax and just be. my husband loves to ride motorcycles for that reason. Until I drove that jeep, I didn't completely understand the feeling of freedom, time to think and time to just be. i had a jeep once upon a time... and i'm waiting for the day when i have one again and i'm able to escape for a few moments.








1 comment:

  1. I really loved reading this list. Reading it made ME happy!

    ReplyDelete